In collaboration with Academic Affairs, Student Success & Advising is excited to partner in the implementation and student use of SeawolfChat. SeawolfChat is a chatbot that students interact with using text messages. SeawolfChat incorporates artificial intelligence to respond to student inquiries within seconds, at any time of day or night.
SeawolfChat has the ability to automate campaigns and provide personalized support to each individual student on topics ranging from financial aid to sports clubs. SeawolfChat is especially student-friendly because it provides the flexibility of casual conversation with the intelligence of all campus resources 24/7.
The usage of SeawolfChat at Sonoma State University is sponsored by the Irvine Foundation Grant, where seven California State University institutions are partnering help meet each campus’s Graduation Initiative 2025 Goals. CSU Northridge serves as the lead campus, with CSU San Marcos; California Polytechnic University, Pomona; CSU Channel Islands; Humboldt State University, CSU East Bay; and Sonoma State University participating.
- To use artificial intelligence through chatbot technology to improve student outcomes, including, but not limited to, retention, progress to degree, GPA, and social belonging.
- To provide first time freshmen and transfers with comprehensive student support, prior to enrollment and throughout the student and early alumni cycles
- To scale this technology within the CSU system and beyond, given that the CSU system is increasingly reflective of the changing demographics of the nation.
- To support the use of chatbots to increase retention, engagement, and career exploration for CSU students
- To convene partner campuses twice to discuss best practices, data, and lesson learned
- To provide staff support at each campus for the chatbot to ensure consistency of message and timely response
- To host a CSU-wide conference at the conclusion of the three-year period to share outcomes, best practices, and research in artificial intelligence in California public higher education.
For more information on SeawolfChat, please contact Josh Anderson at email@example.com.