The Student Peer Advising program provides transactional-focused academic advising to all students, regardless of major or class level. The SPA team is comprised of currently enrolled students, who, through a peer-to-peer model, aim to teach students to fish for themselves.
The Student Peer Advising program is integrally related to the formal instructional offerings of the university and provides an important educational experience for the students participating in the program, whether as an advisor or an advisee.
The Student Peer Advising program aims to cultivate a culture of supportive and participative learning, whereby students empower students in the exploration and utilization of available academic tools and resources. This fosters a culture of community-learning and stewardship, so that collectively, we may take a more effective and purposeful role in our learning experiences.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Hours:
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to visit
Our team provides the following peer-to-peer academic advising services:
- How to use your advising tools, e.g., Seawolf Scheduler, Academic Requirements Report (ARR), Transfer Credit Report, Degree Planner, What-if Reports, Assist.org, GE pattern, etc.
- Registration assistance and strategy
- Clarification of university requirements and policies
- How to choose, declare or change your major or minor
- Exploring non-traditional major / career pathways
- Referrals to professional academic advisors
- Group presentations and workshops
How to join our team
Are you interested in becoming a Student Peer Advisor? Visit the Advising Center in Salazar 1070 for more information.